Here are the top 10 things I learned:
1. Tweetdeck is a tool for monitoring Twitter/Facebook activity and trends. Cool.
2. Twitterfall is a tool for catching specific Twitter activity for specific groups using hash tags.
3. I sort of learned what hash tags were. We were #ntcpanel. We watched all activity from the meeting on Twitterfall.
4. To be a part of the social media marketing game means marketers have to be willing to have less control and be more collaborative with customers.
5. It’s not about reaching the most people. It’s about reaching the right people. Good lesson.
6. Book written called Ground Swell. It introduces the concept of POST for a sound approach to social media.
7. Another acronym used for setting goals is LACE. Pick which one you are trying to accomplish.
- Customer Service
8. Twitter idea from sschandler. Use it like the old school radio promotion. The 13th Tweeter to twitter.com.XYZ gets a free gift card. This may work well for more retail oriented customers.
9. Twitter is a great way to create a call to action. But it must be inviting not commanding. “Give us instant feedback on your experience or follow us on Twitter”, and include your Twitter tag.
10. Set up multiple Twitter accounts for different objectives. If your company uses Twitter is it trying to accomplish several things on one Twitter account. Is that effective or should there be more than one Twitter account?